The Rocky Mounts SwitchHitter Rooftop fork-mount bike carrier fits just about every kind of crossbar out there.
If you are a rider who prefers the sleeker, lower profile appearance of a fork mount, the SwitchHitter is your ticket. With many bikes opting for thru-axles, we developed a modular rack and include the three common thru axles sizes, 12/100mm, 15/100mm & 15/110mm Boost. We also include an old school 9mm QR just in case you need to carry a traditional QR bike. If you need to swap axles, simply loosen two bolts and swap the axle.
- Most versatile, out of the box fork mount, roof rack tray bike carrier available
- Designed to work with 9mm QR, 12/100, 15/100, 15/110 (Boost) thru-axles via swap-able machined aluminum inserts that get secured via allen bolts
- Compatible with many cross bars systems, including:
- Yakima round, Thule square
- Factory/aero, and slotted bars (with T-Track hardware) like RockyMounts Ouray, Thule AeroBlade, Yakima Whispbar, Yakima StreamLine, Rhino Rack
- Some flat (parallel to ground, not curved) factory crossbars up to 4"
- Disc brake caliper compatible, with recessed zone on tray
- Tray specifications: 3" max tire size, 35lb weight rating
- Includes all necessary hardware, resistant to weather and corrision
- Tray head ready to lock to crossbar; coated wound steel cable lock integrates into rear-end of tray for additional security
- Requires two RockyMounts Lock Cores (tray head, cable) (sold separately)